Fully Inclusive Environments
LGBTQ+ students who go to schools with fully inclusive environments experience less harasment and have more positive outcomes. An LGBTQ+ inclusive school environment is a place where LGBTQ+ students feel supported and are extended a sense of belonging regardless of their sexual orientation or gender identity.
Some things that an LGBTQ+ inclusive school environment would include:
* Allow students access to bathrooms, locker rooms and other gender-specific spaces that best match their gender identity
* Allow students to play on sports teams and join clubs that best match their gender identity
* Utilize academic curriculum that includes LGBTQ+ perspectives, voices, histories and current events.
* Provide LGBTQ+ inclusive health & sexuality education
* Use student's chosen names and correct pronouns